Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Chapter and page number in right margin

Actually my article is quite new, published October 3.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Ed.,

On 10/9/06 10:08 AM, " wrote:

I agree with you on usability, but as many tables and graphics are used
in an horizontal page layout, it made more sense to use this kind, with
solid color changes. Think of it more like a sexy thesis layout than a
strict one.

Ah....the presence of many horizontal pages changes the issue--I deal

mostly
in text-heavy theses. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I forgot Suzanne had a page all setup for this. And Suzanne's mock up
looks far more user-friendly than yours, bound by ASCII.

I believe when my thesis was bound, the paper on the right was trimmed.

You
may wind up with solid color bleeding to the margin after all, making it
very user-friendly.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/