Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kristi in Oregon Kristi in Oregon is offline

Default Why does a Word2003 data source open as Read-Only in Word2007?

I have a mail merge document with a data source that was created in Word
2003. We have upgraded to Office 2007. I opened the mail merge main document,
made changes to the data source thru the Edit Recipient List in the Mailing
Command tab, close that window and continue with my work. As usual, when I
close the main document it asks me if I want to save the datasource because
it had been changed. Usually I just say Yes and that is the end of it. But in
2007 it has given it a different file name and says it cannot be saved as it
was read-only. Help! Please!