Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W Davis Charles W Davis is offline

Default Where's text centering on Word's menus?

Tough night? Word 97? There are icons on the task bar for Left-align,
Center, Right-align and Justify. The respective keyboard shortcuts are
CTRL+L, CTRL+E, CTRL+R, and CRTL+J. If the icons don't appear, right click
on the task bar and click on the appropriate option.

Where in the world did you ever get the notion that Excel is a Word
processor?

Ranting is fun...

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've only been using PCs since 1983, and d'ya think I can find Word
97's method via the menu to horizontally center text? I see nothing on
its Format menu.

Unbelievably, even the context menu (i.e. highlight the text to be
centered, then right-click or press Shift-F10) has no context-
sensitive formatting. (Nor--you guessed--does the Format menu).

Even Excel, which is a poor excuse for a word processor, has a text
Alignment dialog, for Chrissake.

Ya'd better answer me fast...I'm itching to dump on the Microsoft
propeller-heads again.

Yeah, I know, I oughta upgrade to a later Word. (Provided it's fixed.)

Thanks much.

***