Callanish

Thanks, Robert

That's very helpful - I'd not realised that embedded objects were excluded
anyway.

The hardware limitations might be more problematic for us - this method is
being considered as a way to send specificiations (held in multiple
documents) to clients whose Word skills (and possibly PC set-up) are not very
sophisticated.

I think some experimentation is required...

Thanks again,

Callanish

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Callanish

Callanish wrote:
Can anyone tell me if there is any limit to the number of files that can be
embedded within a Word document? The files in question are other Word
documents - embedded as icons, not full text. I've heard that the maximum
filesize for a Word document is 32Mb - does anyone know if this is still true
for Word 2003?

The 32 MByte limit is not mentioned anywhere for Word 2003 anymore
AFAIK. FWIW, that limit always related to the raw text amount of the
document, so embedded pictures and other objects did not bring you to
that limit (your might run into other problems if your hardware or
installation is not generous enough, of course :-)).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS