Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word prints blank pages

Hi Rob,

It can depend on whether you're using a Word created HTML file or something you pasted in from the web and what result you want on
the approach you may want to take.

Under Office Button=Word Options=Advanced=Compatibility Options
you can click on [+]Layout Options to expand the tree and turn on
[x] Print colors as black on noncolor printers

If you want to preserve the layout, but change the text color, you may want to try using Ctrl+A to select all text in the document
then use Format=Font to set the color to black or 'Automatic'

If you want to use the text, but clean things up first from being a web page then the steps in these Word MVP articles may help
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

============
"Rob van Albada" wrote in message ...
Yes, in Print Preview the text is white on a blue background.
In Concept, the text is white on white, i.e. invisible.

BTW, I am speaking about a HTML-file.

When I follow Terry's advice, the print is white of a greyish
background (B/W laser printer).

What I want is black print on a white page.

Kind regards,

Rob.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)