Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge does not keep formatting from excel into word document

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Luke" wrote in message
The Microsoft demo uses an example of sending a letter to all employees
about
their current salaries, but when I enter a dollar amount into an Excel
spreadsheet, say $50,000.00 (formatted as Currency) it comes out in the
mail
merged Word document as 50000; non of the formatting comes across and I
can
find no easy solution to this.