Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default search and replace, paragraph mark

Hi,

Before going to the trouble of using Find/Replace to change fonts and insert new paragraph marks, I'd suggest checking whether the
paragraphs you're concerned with have been properly formatted using a Style. If so, getting the font attributes and paragraph
spacing you're after is a simple matter of changing the Style format.

--
Cheers
macropod

"removing all headers and footers" t.com wrote in message
I was sent a Ms word 2003 file from publisher that has a lot of endnote
numbers that are character spacing/position/lowered by 8.5 pt

I would like to search and replace that with normal 9 point, which I can do
ok, but I also want to add in that search and replace process a new paragraph
mark (indent) before the 'normal 9 point' change

but search and replace replaces the 8.5 with the paragraph mark when I try
and does not do both changing to normal 9 point AND add the paragraph
indent.... how do I get it to do both?