This is *not* a PPT question. PP here refers to Print Preview.

"Echo S" wrote in message
This is a PowerPoint question, but you've ended up in the Word newsgroup.

Anyway, that specific text in the placeholders ("click to add text") is
designed not to show up in a slide show or when you print. Only text you
actually type in will show/print.

If you go to View/Master/Slide Master and replace that "click to add text"
with your own text, it still reverts to "click to add text" when you look

at
the slide (View/Normal). That's because the "click to add text" statement
cannot be changed -- because it has these special attributes, as you've
noticed.

If you have more PPT questions, you will want to post them in the PPT

group.
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.powerpoint will get you there
in OE, which I see is what you're using to post.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

"Gene" wrote in message
Greetings,
I dwnlded a template from MS and it has the usual "place your text here"
area's. When I print preview the template without adding my own text

the
"place your text here" is not displayed. Even when I replace the

template
text with my own text it will not display in PP mode or even print to

the
printer. How can this text appear on the monitor but not in PP or to

the
printer??? Help is appreciated.......... MUG