Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default mdi file import

You don't open an .mdi file in Word. You open it in Microsoft Document
Imaging. Look in Start - All Programs - Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office
Tools

I don't have any .mdi files on this system but you can try to save it as
another file type. To be honest with you, I don't use .mdi files at all so
I'm guessing you can do a Save As in MDI.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
Not really, in Word it is all strange characters like one used to see in
unix
involving control and other ascii out of letter range characters. I
believe
it is a picture file but no picture S/W opens it either.
Dave

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Can you open the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dave" wrote in message
How do I import a 'fn.mdi' file that i was sent?