Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brad Brad is offline

Default Moving Index Fields

I placed an index entry marker at the wrong location.

Intuitively, I want to select, cut, and paste the index marker field
{XE...}, but Paste fails.

I then tried to select, copy, and paste the index marker field {XE...}, but
to no avail.

I then tried to paste the field into Notepad and Wordpad to see if anything
would paste, but I got nothing.

Believe it or not, I have even looked in the online Help, but that was not
helpful.

(The utterly simple and efficient work-around is to re-type the index marker
and be done with the issue in 10 seconds, but you know how things go when
goofy (unexpected) things occur in Word, and you try to resolve what's
logical and intuitive with how Word works!)

Please advise. Thank you.