Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2002 compatibility update with Word 2007

Mine are often delayed rather than premature. I hate when I sit down at the
computer, hit Send and Receive, and see something being sent--something I
wrote hours earlier and neglected to send before leaving the computer
(although that wasn't the case in this instance).

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
I saw your response after I posted this response. :-(

(As you know, I'm having problems sending emails/posts too soon these
days. grin)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Pretty much what I said last night. g

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Here's an excerpt from the Compatibility Pack download page:

"By installing the Compatibility Pack in addition to Microsoft Office
2000, Office XP, or Office 2003, you will be able to open, edit, and
save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
2007."

Of course you would need to know Word, PPT, Excel, etc 2002 are part of
Office XP. :-)