Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Styles keep changing

When you change the style, do you check the "Add to template" box in the
Modify Style dialog? If not, then the style is being updated from the
(unmodified) template every time you open the document.

"Sudders" wrote in message

I am writing a very long document in word 2002 (say 300 pages) divided
into 7 chapters. All the chapters are based on one template (Thesis).
All the documents based on this style are set to update styles. The
template contains a style called Caption Body which applies the
following: Single line spacing, size: 10pt.

Everytime I open a document the style reverts to being the same as
Normal. If I manually change it back it stays for that session, but
once I save it and re-open it goes back to being the same formatting as
Normal, as does all text written in the style!

Anyone got any ideas about whats going and how I stop it?

Ian

--
Sudders