Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] Kara the Computer Tutor[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a way to name a table?

You can center a title in the top cell of a table if that's what you want to
do:

1. Draw your table
2. Make sure your cursor is placed somewhere in the table. Then, on the
Table Tools tab, in the Draw Borders group on the right, click Eraser.
3. Your mouse arrow should have turned into a little eraser. On the top row
of the table, click on the inside border of each cells. The borders should
disappear, and the top row should now be merged into one cell.
4. On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Center button.
5. Type the name for your table.

Hope that's what you were looking for!
--
Kara
http://www.karathecomputertutor.com

"LA Lawyer" wrote:

I have a table that I want to name. Is that possible?