sdlfkj

I thought that Print Layout or Print Preview (they look identical) would indicate
how it prints. I am using an old dot matrix printer (Panasonic 24 pin narrow
carriage KX-P1180). Is this normal? Is it the printer or my printing settings in
Word 2000?

I should add that when I want to cancel a printing job it takes forever. Is this

the
problem with using a dot matrix printer? It just seems to take forever to respond

commands. I realize I should throw this thing out, and will soon, nevertheless I
would like to understand why its behaving like this and if it can be remedied.

Update: I changed the font settings in Word yet the print size was the same. Its as
if the printer overrides the font settings. ???????