LisaH

Unfortunately, that didn't do it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try selecting a TOC 1 entry and pressing Ctrl+Q.

"LisaH" wrote in message
I click Insert-Reference-Index and Tables, click Show Page Numbers and
Right align page numbers, and click Tab Leader .... My format is "From
Template". Then I click OK. My Heading 2s and Heading 3s format correctly

in
the TOC--there are dots leading to the page number at the right-hand

margin.
For Heading 1, though, there is only a tab and then the page number
IMMEDIATELY to the right of the heading name--no dots. What is controlling
this?

Thanks!