Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Default CAPACITY OF WORD FILE

As an afterthought, I came up with the following rough estimate.

Roughly, I would estimate Words capacity to be well over 7,626 pages (a
number derived from the following data: MB = 1,048,576 bytes; and a page with
6-pica (= 1) margins and text with 12 point Times New Roman font would
contain almost 4,400 character; thus 1,048,456 x 32 ÷ 4,400 = 7,626 pages).

If I have erred in my calculation, I would welcome correction. As for my
assumptions, it was only to illustrate a rough estimate.

Steven Craig Miller

"bidyut" wrote:

what is maximum no. of pages a word file can accomodate?