Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default CAPACITY OF WORD FILE

On Jun 19, 12:23*pm, StevenM stevencraigmiller(at)comcast(dot)net
wrote:
To: Suzanne S. Barnhill,

The bottom line is that there is no practical limitation on the text.

I've read a number of books which were over 1,000 pages, but I don't think
I've ever seen a single volume with anywhere close to 10,000 pages. It is
hard to imagine anyone trying to printout a 10,000 page document -- with
double sided printing that would take ten reams of paper. And then, where
would you put it? That would be one large 3-ring binder!

Yale UP's new biography of Mozart is around 1600 rather large pages
with rather narrow margins. It's probably close to the limit of what
can be put into a single binding.

The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the World's Ancient Languages is 1170
pages of the same or a slightly larger size, and you probably won't
find a copy in any library whose cover isn't partly or mostly detached
from the book already. They're now reissuing it in something like four
paperback volumes (sold separately).