Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default CAPACITY OF WORD FILE

Hi Steven,

The Microsoft submitted MS Office 2007 file formats standard to ECMA has 5 'parts'. Part four, the Language Reference is over 5200
pages and sad to say I have read it and more than once.

Poor story line, a couple of surprising plot twists, little character development and a predictable ending g

Microsoft mentions in several of its webcasts that Word 2007 is able to generate the document when they revise it, pulling in all of
the segments from a wide spectrum of user inputs in only a couple of minutes. I don't know how long it then takes someone to check
the whole thing though, they never say g.

Having worked on similar standards and contracts, specifications and manuals having to read them is a part of the job, but not
always one that keeps you awake

I think that right around xmas time that when trying to do the 'easy assembly' of a toy late at night that some of the instruction
guides 'feel' like they're a couple hundred pages too long

"StevenM" stevencraigmiller(at)comcast(dot)net wrote in message ...
Yes, but did anyone read the whole document? I've read "War and Peace," and
enjoyed doing so, I've read many a book over 1,000 pages, but never something
like a 10,000 page work on telecomms standards. Does Readers Digest publish
an abridged version? Cliffnotes? grin

Steven Craig Miller
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)