Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daniel Shapiro Daniel Shapiro is offline

Default Can't open Office 2004 documents on Office 2003 SP3

Please help!

I can't open a file created with Microsoft Word 11.3.5 on a MAC on my PC
running Office 2003 SP3 (11.8215.8202 SP3). When I double click on the file
the "File Conversion" wizards opens with the Japanese (Shift=JIS) text
encoding option chosen by default. The file is all garbled up. I know 100%
that the file is written in English using common fonts. My laptop, which
doesn't have SP3, can open the file just fine, so I know the file is not
corrupted.

I tried to search the site but found no answers.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel