Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can't open Office 2004 documents on Office 2003 SP3

Hi Daniel,

There are some fileblock settings in Office 2003 SP3, but they shouldn't cause the behavior you're seeing.

If you turn on
[x] Confirm Conversions on Open
in Tools=Options General
and then use File=Open, what file type does Word show the file to be?

==============
"Daniel Shapiro" wrote in message
Bob,

thank you for your reply. I tried any possible combinations... The file was
saved on the C:\ drive and double clicked. I also tried to do File Open from
inside the Word. It just plain doesn't work... Is there a file converter I'm
missing? Is the Office 2003 SP3 quietly added some "feature" which prevents
me from opening Office 2004 files? Again, my other PC with Office 2003 SP2
works just fine... ??
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP