Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Upcoming Windows 7

Octavio wrote:
When the new Windows 7 is expected to be on the retail stores for
sale? Any idea of the retail prices?

A simple Google search for "windows 7 release date" gets the official answer
at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ome?os=nonwin7 --
"Windows 7 will be available on October 22." That's the retail release date;
people with MSDN or TechNet subscriptions can download it now.

A link on that page leads to
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...mpare-editions that
shows estimated retail prices for three editions. Amazon.com shows the same
prices at
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...dows+7&x=0&y=0
although you may find other prices elsewhere.

Will the Office Professional 2007 programs work well with it (I bet
it will, since they are from the same company. Any anticipated
problems? Slowness in old computers?)

In my experience, both Office 2007 and Office 2003 work perfectly well on
Windows 7, on both a 2-year-old desktop and a 4-year-old laptop. In fact, I
think they work better on Windows 7 than they did on Windows Vista. But if
your computer is old enough and slow enough, or has too little RAM, no
version of Windows or Office is going to be satisfactory.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman