Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Default Upcoming Windows 7

A mail client is the program used to send/receive mail, such as Outlook,
Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.

"Octavio" wrote in message
: What is exactly the definition of "mail client"?
: I am the "mail client" , or who is, or what is? (please clarify this for
: me).
: Thanks in advance.
:
:
:
:
: "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
: ...
: Not necessarily. When you use IMAP instead of POP, the mail downloads so
: you can look at it on your computer, but the decision to store messages
on
: your own computer is entirely up to you. Email is stored on the server
: unless you explicitly remove/purge it, and so it does not "take up
: precious hard-drive space". Outlook, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail,
and
: Outlook Express are all mail clients that can do IMAP... to name just a
: few.
:
:
: Herb Tyson MS MVP
: Author of the Word 2007 Bible
: Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
: Web: http://www.herbtyson.com
:
:
: "Gordon" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "jaws" wrote in message
: ...
:
: WHY would I want my mail to download on my
: computer, take up precious hard-drive space,
:
: Err ALL email clients "download" email to the HDD.........what makes
you
: think they don't? (And BTW, accessing email through a web browser is
NOT
: using an email client...)
:
: