Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Mail Merge of data file

I asume you mean Word 2007? Word 7 is something entirely different.
See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm and jump in
where the illustrations match what you have. Then see
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm (it's not only about
labels!).

Dawk wrote:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The "name & address" file
is in Word 7. It's simply typed with name, address, postal code, etc
with a hard return before we start again.

Dawk

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Dawk,

What file format are your data in (eg Word, Excel) and how are the
data laid out?

--
Cheers
macropod

"Dawk" wrote in message
I'm doing a mail merge for the first time in Word (Used WordPerfect
for years & it was easier). I think I can do the deed BUT I have a
large list of names & addresses that I apparently need to make into
a usable data file first but I can't seem to find how to do that.
I really don't want to retype more than 100 names. Any ideas? Or
can someone point where I should look for this? Thanks

Dawk