Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to back date system to recover lost text?

Crikey! And that's pretty easy to do. I'll try some experiments with this
(and report back)...

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
And a guess at what happened for future reference...

You were typing a Capital A but by mistake you pressed Ctrl+A (SelectAll)
instead of Shift+A and the next button you pressed overwrote the whole
document. Hence all text gone.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"JillyB" wrote in message
: Somehow? I lost all 30 pages of text. No versions available, nothing in
: recycle bin. Cannot restore. Is it possible to change date of system to
day
: before error? and then capture text?