Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CarolynRM CarolynRM is offline

Default Format Footer page numbers

Okay, I followed the directions, but the TOC still thinks that it is page ii.
I can hide the header and footer on the title page, but apparently the
document still thinks the title page is page i.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:02:08 -0700, CarolynRM
wrote:

I have a document for which I need the first page to be blank, the TOC page
to have "i" as the page number in the footer, and the rest of the document to
have regular numeral page numbers in the footer. I have managed to get the
title page with no header or footer and the rest of the document with
numerals, but the TOC page insists that it is number "ii", not "i".

I have tried every type and combination of section and page breaks. I have
tried insert/page numbers/format/start from... but there is no number before
"i" to start from.

After four hours of working on this I have run out of ideas. Please help.

Thanks,
Carolyn