Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 2007 template to 2003?

PS What happens to my QAT when I do this? Does it turn up as a toolbar
in W2003? (It has buttons for the bibliography system on it, which
would at the least confuse the other user.)

On Oct 4, 8:58*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Oh, excellent! And I can then safely email it? (They don't conflict
with any existing shortcuts in 2007, except that I've used Ctrl-\ and
Ctrl-| for Accept and Reject Change respectively, and they called
something for which I had no use whatsoever, I don't remember what.)

On Oct 4, 1:21*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:

You could open normal.dotm in Word 2007, and save it as a Word 97-2003
template (with a name other than normal.dot to avoid confusion) into the
startup folder used by Word 2003. This *should* transfer the shortcuts
stored in the normal template and appears to work with my test sample. To
what extent your shortcuts will conflict with the default shortcuts of Word
2003 I cannot say, but you will soon find out, and if it doesn't work well
you can always remove the template from the startup folder

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
Is there a way I can transmit my many keyboard shortcuts from my
normal.dotm template so they can be used in Word2003?--