Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Default Linked excel objects do not update properly

This comes under the heading of "That's the way it is..."

When you alter the formatting of an embedded object, you are effectively
creating a new local instance of the object that will not update.

Perform your formatting in the original application and the formatting
changes should flow through to your Word document with the update.

Cheers

On 10/2/06 10:31 AM, in article
, "pixiecat"
wrote:

I have several objects pasted in a word doc as linked excel objects. If I
don't format them for layout, they update just fine. If I have to format
them for layout, they don't update anymore. The link still exists, but any
changes to the excel file do not flow through to the word doc. Any ideas?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410