Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default word mailmerge field sort

Open the csv file in Excel, sort it and save the sorted file to use as the
data source.

"jonnyb" wrote:

Hi - I'm trying to apply a sort to a mailmerge field so that it automatically
sorts when the data is imported from a csv file. The field contains part
numbers (it can be anywhere from 1 to about 70 part numbers) and
unfortunately the product that creates the the csv does not have the
capability to sort on this particular field and I need them sorted ascending
for the process I am building.

Would anyone be able to let me know if this is possible, and maybe point me
in the right direction as to how I can accomplish this (code tips would be
much appreciated).

Thanks in advance - and please let me know if you need more details.

Jon