Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jonnyb

Default word mailmerge field sort

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I need to clarify - the csv file contains a
record for each transaction. In each record, there's a column that contains
part numbers for all of the items that were requested in the transaction.
All of these part numbers are contained in one cell of the record. I need to
sort the part numbers in each cell independently and each cell can contain
from 1 to 70 part numbers.

The solution provided would work if each record had a part number and I
wanted to sort all the records based on the part numbers, but unfortunately,
that's not the task that I need to accomplish.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Open the csv file in Excel, sort it and save the sorted file to use as the
data source.