Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Benjamino5 Benjamino5 is offline

Default how do I flip text in MS Word 6.0?

I've never used Word 6, but I know later versions have *text* rotation inside
a text box, even though they don't have text box rotation, as CyberTaz says.

In other words, individual paragraphs can be flipped if they're inside a
text box, but not if they're in the regular body of the document.

In Word 2000/2002/2003, if you're in a text box, open the Format menu and
choose "Text Direction..."

Again, I have no idea if Word 6 has this feature, but if it does, then you
could avoid making the text into an image. If this feature isn't there, I
would follow CyberTaz's advice!

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Word *6*????... talk about the time machine :-)

Well, *no* version of Word (including 2007) supports rotated text boxes, so
you'll have to copy the Pub text box then use EditPaste Special in the Word
doc to paste it as a picture of some sort - can't remember what options were
available in v.6, but there should be something workable there. Of course
the text will no longer be editable, but it should display & print fine as
long as the degree of rotation isn't something weird (45° is OK, 32.3° not
so good - generally 15° increments stays nice & crisp).

If the Paste Special in v.6 doesn't work out the only other idea I can offer
is to get it into some sort of graphics program that will allow you to save
it as an image file, then Insert into the doc as a graphic object.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Gail B" Gail wrote in message
I need to convert a Publisher File (brochure) to Word. One of the
paragraphs
needs to be flipped. It flips in Publisher but does not flip (to upside
down)
in Word.