Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm

If the lock files are still present when they are no longer being accessed,
they are either left-overs from a stalled Word session, in which case simply
delete them, or they are remaining because something in your configuraion is
preventing them from being deleted. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. I trust that
you are not trying to share the normal template between users?

You can still copy styles and macros using the organizer, but not autotext
which is handled differently in Word 2007.

John wrote:
I have a question regarding Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm in Word
2007

I am using Windows XP SP3 with Microsoft Small Business Server 2003
and Office 2007

In a previous version of Office it was possible to copy macros, auto
text and styles via the Organizer method thereby sharing those items
with other coworkers. In trying to copy macros in 2007 via the
Organizer method I noticed that my Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm
always have temp files active. I closed Word 2007 and Outlook 2007
and looked at those files via My Computer dialog box/path.

Those two temp files are always active. Is that normal? Should they
not be deleting automatically with the closure of those programs?

If this is not normal, what areas should I be checking to see what is
triggering those files to stay open?

Because they are active I am not able to copy the macros to a
different computer.

Do you have any suggestions on this subject.

Thank you,
John