Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stephen Ford[_2_] Stephen Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Want to use extra field to modfy a name

WIN XP SP3
MSO 2003

I want to merge with Outlook contacts and create names with contents:

{Title} {Initial} {Name}

The result will be for example
{Miss} {S} {Jones}
{Mr} {& Mrs G} {Greg}
{Mrs} {P} {Ford}

where the braces are shown to identify the data in the fields Title, Initial
& Name

The field "Initial" does not exist in Outlook as far as I can see. I have
called it "Initial" to explain what I am trying to do. There is a "Nickname"
field which would be very convient to use but when using MatchFields in
Word, the field "Nickname" appears not to be available.

Is there a way to make it available? I am interested because it is shown on
the Details tab on the contacts form and is therefore easy to access and
enter the required data.