Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

The NNTP bridge is a .Net component. It might (I haven't tested it) work
with Mono.

Alternatively, the NNTP bridge is a locally run NNTP server to which your
newsreader connects. I guess it might be possible to run the bridge on a
Windows machine and connect to it from another machine.

Yves

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
Mmnn! Unfortunately, if I read the situation correctly the NNTP Bridge
wouldn't help here.
While I Browse and use Word 2007 on a Win XP based PC, all my other
Networking, NNTP and Mail etc, is done on a machine that will not function
with anything MS installed on it. (Reasons).

So I guess in a month or so it will be goodbye and thanks for the party.

Dave

Yes it might be suggested I transfer the NNTP to the XP machine, again
unfortunately, for reasons... I cannot.

In article ,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Using the NNTP Bridge, as referred to in the article, to access the
forums from Outlook Express, Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail, you
would hardly notice the fact that you were not accessing an NNTP
newsgroup.

The real issue is the forums that have been nominated as the replacement
in the case of some newsgroups.

--

Dave Triffid