Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JP JP is offline

Default Blank spaces

Stefan, Thanks for your response. Spacing is set to single, before and
after are both set to 0 pts. The box labeled "don't add space between
paragraphs..." is UNchecked. All the boxes under "pagination" and
"formatting exceptions" on the next tab are UNchecked as well.

Thanks, JP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Look at the settings for Line Spacing and Spacing Before/After (Paragraph
dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JP" wrote in message
I am building a company policy manual using the "multilievel list function"
about 50% of the time I wind up with huge gaps between paragraphs. I can
usually delete the blank space down to 2 or 3 blank lines but then if i
try
to close it up to make it look right it winds up deleting the paragraph
break
and removing the formatting on the following paragraph.

Many times I will get it close to looking right and then it will open back
up (usually jumping to the next page) as soon as I "touch" it with the
cursor.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

.