Anne Troy

No need, Jeff. The styles are saved right in your document.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Jeff" wrote in message
This is a rather basic question, but I do not know the answer to it. I'm
using Word 2002 from Office XP.

I am in the early stages of writing what will be a long document (400+
pages) for which I want special style definitions (Headings formats,

etc.).
I do not plan to use these settings for any other documents. If I change

the
style settings while working within that document, will they still be
available there after I save and close the document and then reopen it to
add more text, or do I need to create a special template just for that
document for the style changes to remain what I changed them to?

I vaguely remember that when I change styles in a document, Word asks me

on
saving if I want to change the default template doc. I do not want these
changes for the default document template, just for this one.

Thanks.

--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam