TF

Anne is correct, but maybe you should note that every time you save (and
that should be VERY frequently with a large document), you will be prompted
to save changes to the template. I would recommend that to stop this
behaviour, you create another template with a slightly different name and
create your document for that template. Then when you customise a style and
save it to the template, it won't matter!

Terry Farrell

"Jeff" wrote in message
: This is a rather basic question, but I do not know the answer to it. I'm
: using Word 2002 from Office XP.
:
: I am in the early stages of writing what will be a long document (400+
: pages) for which I want special style definitions (Headings formats,
etc.).
: I do not plan to use these settings for any other documents. If I change
the
: style settings while working within that document, will they still be
: available there after I save and close the document and then reopen it to
: add more text, or do I need to create a special template just for that
: document for the style changes to remain what I changed them to?
:
: I vaguely remember that when I change styles in a document, Word asks me
on
: saving if I want to change the default template doc. I do not want these
: changes for the default document template, just for this one.
:
: Thanks.
:
: --
:
: Jeff Stevens
: Email address deliberately false to avoid spam
:
:
:
: