Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LuDean Marvin LuDean Marvin is offline

Default Two annoyances...

Check Tools/Options/Save. It's probably set up to warn you if you use
"features
after" and set to Word 97.

I actually recall making this selection. It's just that I don't want to be
reminded of it everytime I save the file. Presumably, once you have saved
it, it should have been saved without the offending Word 97 feature.. right?
So why does it keep telling you each time thereafter, even though you have
not added anymore of the offending features during your current editing
session?

This indicates the file has opened in Design mode. I'm guessing your Macro
Security is set to "high" and that the file contains ActiveX controls
(fields
from the Controls Toolbox) and/or macros. Word is deactivating them due to
the
"High" security setting and letting you know by showing you the document
is in
"design" mdoe.

As far as I know, there are no macros in my file. How would I find out if
there are any active-x controls?