Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pwalkeritqs pwalkeritqs is offline

Default Put footnotes in main document

I have a document with automatically numbered footnotes at the bottom of each
page. What I would like to do is to move the text of the footnote so that in
the main document where the footnote number appears in superscript, there is
instead an entry in curly brackets with the footnote number - fixed rather
than automatic - followed by the text of the footnote. So if footnote 1
appeared in the main text half way through the second sentence, and the body
of the footnote at the bottom of the page read "See p.22", then my document
would say "First sentence. Second {fn 1. See p.22} sentence. Third sentence."
Is this possible?