Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default A couple of questions regarding Word 2007

In general, see the following:

Command reference:
Downloadable:
Online:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033
Search commands:
http://www.officelabs.com:80/project...s/default.aspx
Get Started Tab add-in for Word 2007:

Find document properties at Office Button | Prepare | Properties | Document
Properties | Advanced Properties... Find that pretty inconvenient? To make
it worse, you can't right-click and choose "Add to Quick Access Toolbar,"
but you can add a button for Advanced Properties to the QAT through
Customize.

The Show/Hide ¶ button on the Home toolbar should toggle display of all
formatting marks, but you can fine-tune the display at Office Button | Word
Options | Display.

When you insert a text box, it will be anchored to the paragraph where the
insertion point is located. Does that help explain what you're seeing?

http://word.mvps.org

"Henry Stock" wrote in message
I am having trouble making the transition from Word 2003 to Word 2007
because I can find all of the features I used to use in Word 2003 and I was
wondering if there is a guide anywhere online to help me make that
transition.

For instance, I want to modify the document properties, like author and
company, and keywords, but I cannot find document properties on any of the
ribbons that I can see. Perhaps I am overlooking something.

I also want to show all stuff associated with editing... tabs, space,
paragraph marks, ... everything. I can only find the show paragraph
symbols.

Right now I am experiencing an abnormality when attempting to insert a
text box. I start the procedure on a page way down the document, say page
20, but when I choose the text box, and choose the simple text box, the
postion changes back to the beginning of the document for some reason that
I can't not explain.. I have no idea what the heck is going on. I have
not had this particular problem before using Word 2007. Can someone
please help me?