Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Starting a new page

As long as you (a) have short paragraphs and (b) have Widow/orphan control
enabled, you're bound to have some short pages.

"Jill" wrote in message
Hello,
Thanks for the link. It was quite helpful, but I went back to my word
document and highlighted everything. When I went to 'paragraph' and then
under 'spacing,' I changed 0 pt to where it says 'After: 24pt.' and kept
my
line spacing as double. It didn't work. The only thing that happened was
that
it increased the bottom line spacing even more.

How exactly do I fix this?

Thanks!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

"Jill" wrote in message
Hi, when I type all the way to the end of a page, for some reason, why
does
Word automatically bring the last line of the page down into the next
page?
Can I change that? Because I have the margins set at 1" on all sides
but
when
it automatically brings the last line down onto the next page, my
bottom
margin of the previous page is like an 1'1/2.

Please let me know if you need clarification.
Much appreciated for help.

Thanks!