gatekeeper gatekeeper is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper View Post
Thank for the reply. I actually found the answer before I read your response. It turns out that the author's original document did have Track Changes on. After I turned it off, it still didn't number correctly when adding a new footnote.

However, I found a macro which did the trick after I ran it a few times:

pre Dim myFootnote As Footnote
Dim i
For i = ActiveDocument.Footnotes.Count To 1 Step -1
Set myFootnote = ActiveDocument.Footnotes(i)
myFootnote.Range.Copy
myFootnote.Reference.Select
myFootnote.Delete
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.Add Selection.Range
Selection.Footnotes(1).Range.Paste
Next i
/pre

One note: for some reason when I posted the macro, the arrow signs were stripped away.

Put a left arrow before "pre" and a right arrow after it. Do the same with "/pre" at the end. Thanks.