Tosca

I tried WordArt but couldn't get it to do exactly what I wanted with the
font as it was distorted.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
I can't speak for Tosca's requirements, but if it's necessary to match
the overall appearance of a regular font except for the letter height,
WordArt can't do it.

For example, try inserting some ordinary text in 24 pt Times New Roman
with no other formatting. Now try to match it with the same phrase in
WordArt, with the same stroke weight, width, and general appearance
but 120% of the height. You'll find that WordArt's "regular" stroke
weight is much heavier, equal to or more than that of TNR's bold face,
and the sharp corners are all rounded off. It barely looks like the
same font.

An added annoyance is that WordArt's sizes are wildly out of line.
Before any adjustments, the WordArt is about 30% wider and *four times
the height* of the regular text it claims as equivalent.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman