Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Mail Merge Subdocuments?

Hi ?B?dHJpcGxlc3BpcmFs?=,

I am working on a database for some co-workers who have little computer
experience. There are 4 different mail merge letters (merging from same DB,
different queries) that need to be run each week - I was hoping that instead
of clicking 4 buttons, I could make it even easier and click one that would
run all four (through a master document) but I'm guessing because they are
all mail merge it makes it far more complicated. I put it together but it
seems to only pull the first merge record and that's it.

Nope, mail merge can't do this.

If all the query records match up, right down the line, you could possibly
create ONE query that unites them, so that all the fields are available in the
one data source. Then you could use Insert/File to make one mail merge
document, link to that query, and away you go.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)