Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default word 2003 open document at last edit position

Press Shift+F5
or

Sub Autoopen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

Andy Yates wrote:
I am using word 2003 and opening a 300 page document a few times a
day. Each time I open the document it defualts to the head of page 1.
I would like the default opening position to be the position I last
edited at.
I have tried MS article 95694 but as I am completely ignorant of
Macros I can't get the suggested macro to run correctly.
I have entered as

Sub AutoOpen()
'
' AutoOpen Macro

receieve notification
Compile error
' Macro created 06/07/2006 by Andrew Yates
'
If ExistingBookmark("\PrevSel1") Then EditGoTo "\PrevSel1"
End Sub

I receive notification
Compile error
sub or function not defined