Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Page Numbering is not right

I am using Word 2003
I have a long document, beginning with a title page, 2 pages of TOC, and
with Text beginning on actual page #4 for a total of 24 pages. I have a
header beginning on page 4 that containes "page # of total pages" code. I
told Word that page 4 is now page one (1). Which should make the page number
read "page 1 of 21", but I am getting "page 1 of 24".

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? How can I correct this
page numbering? Help please ASAP. I am suppose to turn this in today.

aurora