Picky Editor

Thank you Suzanne!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

"J Tucker L" J Tucker wrote in message
I have a problem with the unit of measure in the rulers at the top and

side
of the page. They are somehow set to what I believe to be "character",
demarked by "ch". The rulers used to measure in inches which is what I

want,
but now they are the tiny unit "ch". I don't know how they got that way,

and
I have not been able to figure out how to get them back to the way they

were.

In the "Options" dialogue box under the "Tools" menu there is a tab for
"General" which has a place to set the unit of measure. The unit of

measure
is set to inches, but the rulers are still in "ch". I have tried searching
the help menus and more general web searches and have found no specific
reference to this problem.

I am using MS Word 2002.

It isn't a major problem, but it is a real annoyance that I would like to

fix.