Sara

for some reason though, my friend who has word 97 is not able to open the
document. she said that it comes out looking greek!

also, how would i create a fillable pdf. i dont think you can do it in the
reader. correct?

thanx for your previous response!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A Word document (any version) can be opened only by those who have Word or
the Word Viewer (get it from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).
If you want a more universal format, you can convert it to PDF (most people
have Adobe Reader) or RTF. None of these solutions will help with filling
out forms, however (unless you create a fillable PDF form). But users who
have Word 97 or above should be able to open Word 2003 documents.

"Sara" wrote in message
I have Word '03. I created a form that i would like to email around. How
should i save the document? With what file extention? It needs to be

accessed
by those that dont have the current version of word.
I've already tried saving it as a word '97 version and people were still
unable to open it.

any suggestions?
thanx!
Sara Gelbfish