Sara

my question still remains. my friend cant open open up my doc in word 97. help!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

also, how would i create a fillable pdf. i dont think you can do it in the
reader. correct?

No, you would have to have Adobe Acrobat Professional to create fillable
forms, but then anyone who has Adobe Reader could fill them out.

"Sara" wrote in message
for some reason though, my friend who has word 97 is not able to open the
document. she said that it comes out looking greek!

also, how would i create a fillable pdf. i dont think you can do it in the
reader. correct?

thanx for your previous response!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A Word document (any version) can be opened only by those who have Word

or
the Word Viewer (get it from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en).
If you want a more universal format, you can convert it to PDF (most

people
have Adobe Reader) or RTF. None of these solutions will help with

filling
out forms, however (unless you create a fillable PDF form). But users

who
have Word 97 or above should be able to open Word 2003 documents.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sara" wrote in message
I have Word '03. I created a form that i would like to email around.

How
should i save the document? With what file extention? It needs to be
accessed
by those that dont have the current version of word.
I've already tried saving it as a word '97 version and people were

still
unable to open it.

any suggestions?
thanx!