Klaus Linke

Default every other column rule bold

Office XP, Word 2002
I have a large table in which I want to make every other column line
bold (or 1 pt. instead of 1/2 pt.). Is there a way to do this?
TIA

Hi Linda,

It's also pretty easy to set up a new table style, and set the top (or
bottom) border for even (or odd) column stripes to 1 pt.

OTOH many consider the table styles a feature "not yet ready for prime
time".
I do use them, but occasionally run into corrupted tables, cells or tables
that can not be edited any more, or table formatting that's suddenly messed
up (for example after deleting some unrelated paragraph style from the
"styles and formatting" pane).

Regards,
Klaus