Pat-southern-California

"David Best" wrote:

There are several postings about this issue, and I spent all day
trying to get to the root cause and figured I might as well post what
I found for others to benefit. Many have speculated it is a printer
driver issue, or margin settings, or a font problem, etc. None of
these potential casues were present in my situation.

The issue: text at the bottom of a page is cut off, even though the
page numbers, footer text, and table borders that are below the
cut-off text print fine. This shows up only when physically printing
the document. The text as imaged in Page Layout view or Print Preview
looks fine.

The issue appears to be a bug in Word 2000. Applying Service Release
1a (SR1a) and then Service Pack 3 (SPK3) for Office 2000 will cure the
problem (or it did for me).

In my tests the issue did not surface with Word 2002 or Word 2003.

Hoping this saves some poor soul(s) time and frustration.

David Best